πŸ‘€THE BLOG WENT QUIET. THE KITCHEN DID NOT. πŸ‘€

 




It’s been a little while since I’ve sat down to write here. A lot has happened behind the scenes at The Lanai Cottage Bakery, but one thing hasn’t changed: I’m still happiest when there’s something baking in the oven.

And by a little while, I mean long enough that some of my mixing bowls were probably wondering if I’d forgotten how to type. Don’t worry, though. The ovens have stayed busy, the butter has been softened, and the flour has continued to find its way onto just about every available surface in my kitchen.

While I haven’t been sharing as much here, I certainly haven’t stopped baking. In fact, there’s been so much happening that I figured it was time to dust off the blog, put the kettle on, and catch you up on what’s been coming out of the kitchen.

So, grab a cup of coffee (preferably alongside something sweet), get comfortable, and let’s get reacquainted!

πŸ’šA Little Bit of Everything, With a Whole Lot of Butter

Lately, the kitchen has seen its fair share of celebrations, special orders, and sweet little projects. From beautiful two-layer cakes to wedding cakes—both the real, delicious kind and the you-can-look-but-please-don’t-cut-it kind—there’s been no shortage of reasons to preheat the oven.

I’ve also been having fun with cinnamon roll cake, which takes everything we love about a classic cinnamon roll and gives it a new, cake-shaped personality. Because if there’s one thing I believe in, it’s finding more ways to enjoy cinnamon and sugar.

And then there are the cookies.

My classic cookies have been making their way into more writers’ rooms, bringing a little homemade comfort to the creative chaos. There’s something especially sweet about knowing a batch of cookies can brighten a long day of brainstorming, writing, and bringing stories to life.

Want to bring a little of that homemade goodness to your own table? You can order my classic cookies right here: Menu

Whether they’re for sharing with friends, treating your coworkers, or keeping all to yourself (your secret is safe with me), a good cookie always has a place.


🎬Back on Set for Season 3 of St. Denis Medical

Some familiar faces and familiar baking traditions are back, too!

I’m back at it for Season 3 of St. Denis Medical, baking for crafty and celebrating cast birthdays with custom cakes. We’re kicking things off with birthday cakes for Mekki Leeper and Josh Lawson, and I couldn’t be happier to bring a little sweetness to the set again.

There’s something special about making treats for the people who spend their days entertaining us. A birthday cake or a fresh batch of cookies might seem like a small thing, but baked goods has a wonderful way of making people feel celebrated, appreciated, and a little more at home—even in the middle of a busy production day.

Of course, baking for a set comes with its own kind of adventure. Timing is everything, details matter, and there’s always a little excitement in getting everything ready just right. Thankfully, I’ve learned to keep my cool, even when the kitchen heats up. Most days, anyway. πŸ˜‰



πŸŽƒ A Season of Sweetness and Giving Back

As the seasons change, things are getting busy with holiday market season and special community fundraisers.

I love these opportunities to bring homemade treats out into the world, meet people, and share a little of what The Lanai Cottage Bakery is all about: comfort, connection, and the simple joy of something made with care.

Most recently, I had the pleasure of baking for a Burbank Parent Education Halloween fundraiser, Boo Bash, for kids. There’s something wonderful about being able to contribute to an event that brings a community together, especially when it involves a little Halloween fun.

And now, with the holidays approaching, you can imagine what’s happening around here. The lists are growing, the ideas are multiplying, and my kitchen is getting ready for one of its busiest—and sweetest—times of the year.





🎬 A Little Bakery Magic on the Big Screen 

Here’s a fun bit of news: The Lanai Cottage Bakery has been getting a little screen time!

I had the opportunity to create a fake wedding cake for an indie movie, along with Christmas cookies for a Christmas episode of St. Denis Medical and an upcoming Netflix holiday movie Nutmeg & Mistletoe.

Now, baking a real cake and making a cake that looks convincing on camera are two very different adventures. One is made to be sliced, served, and enjoyed; the other has a starring role to play. And sometimes, the best cake for the job is one that nobody gets to eat!

It’s been such a fun way to bring my worlds together: the creativity and details I love from the entertainment industry, paired with the artistry of cakes and baked goods.

And Christmas cookies for a Christmas episode? That’s the kind of assignment that makes it perfectly acceptable to start thinking about the holidays a little early.

I can’t share every behind-the-scenes detail just yet, but I’m excited to share more when I can. For now, I’ll just say that it’s a pretty sweet feeling to see a little piece of the bakery make its way onto the big screen. 




So, What’s Next?

Well, more baking, of course!

Between custom cakes, classic cookies, set life, holiday markets, fundraisers, and all the special orders that make this little bakery what it is, there’s plenty happening around here. And I want to start sharing more of it with you.

This blog is where I can slow things down a little and bring you behind the scenes. I’ll be sharing new baked goods, seasonal favorites, special projects, and little glimpses into the everyday life of a home bakery—flour-covered counters and all.

Because The Lanai Cottage Bakery has always been about more than just baked goods. It’s about creating something that brings people together, makes an ordinary day feel special, or gives someone a reason to pause and enjoy a little sweetness.

And I’d love for you to be part of that.

Thank you for being here, whether you’ve been following along since the beginning or you’re just discovering my little corner of the baking world. Your support means so much, and I’m looking forward to sharing more of what’s been happening in my kitchen.

The coffee is brewing, the oven is warming up, and there’s always room for one more at the table.

Welcome back to The Lanai Cottage Bakery. It’s good to be here again.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a few things to get out of the oven. πŸͺ


With love (and a little extra butter),









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Treats at the Table Read: Baking for hit show St. Denis Medical πŸͺ🎬

Almond Joy Sheet Cake with RuPaul Flair: Custom Birthday Cake for Josh Lawson

Hiatus Over, Sugar On